Demonstrate: (with coach or partner)
While following your partner’s steps forward and backward:
- Maintain step-lunge distance and when your partner pauses, engage blades with a step forward in:
- Sixte, and attack with Double and an accelerating lunge
- Quarte, and attack with Double and an accelerating lunge
- Maintain step-lunge distance and as your partner begins a step forward, Beat attack direct, with a Fleche.
- Maintain step-lunge distance and Disengage Attack with an explosive lunge as your partner steps forward to engage your blade in Sixte and in Quarte.
- When your partner attacks into the low line, Parry Octave and Riposte into the high line – if your Riposte is parried, then Parry into Quarte and hit with a Direct second Counter-riposte.
From a stationary position:
- Cutover Attacks with a lunge, on partner’s pressure from Sixte, Quarte, Septime and Octave
- Compound Ripostes and Counter-ripostes
- Opposition Counter-attacks in Sixte, Quarte and Octave with a step forward
- Preparatory actions and their tactical use
- Counter offensive actions
- Fencing time: single and multi-time actions
- What is meant by ‘taking the initiative” and why is this important in a fight?